Organization: Finkenauer for Congress, US Congressional Campaign
Title: Campaign Internship
Location: Dubuque, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids
Job Function: Field, Finance, Communications
Email Resumes to: email@example.com
Time Commitment: 10-40 hours per week.
• Past experience on a political campaign is NOT required, but an interest in electing Democrats to Congress is!
• The intern must have a good attitude and be professional and mature.
• Access to a car is a major plus.
• Volunteer Recruitment: Build a team of 20-40 volunteers in your region.
• Schedule and build volunteer events, like phone banks, for the candidate in your region.
• Help with data entry for the finance and field programs.
• Staff the candidate when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door in the political campaign world! Abby Finkenauer is the DCCC and EMILY’s List-endorsed candidate in IA-01, a D+1 district and a toss-up seat currently represented by a member of the Freedom Caucus. The seat is considered one of the top take-back opportunities in the country, and our internship is a good way for students to gain skills and connections to advance their political careers or even just to see how a campaign works!
This internship can be tailored to what the student is interested in. We have opportunities to work in different aspects of campaigning, from field (voter outreach, volunteer coordination, district events) to finance (raising money for the campaign) to communications (social media, messaging, etc). Not sure what you want to work on? You’re welcome to try out everything.